Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Sometimes I Feel Outnumbered

Last night at supper, Evan dipped his finger in the container of sour cream, then, in a loud stage whisper, said, "Eli! Look!" Eli, knowing that this was a no-no, smiled slyly at Evan and gave him a thumbs-up. See! I knew they were out to get us! They're ganging up on us!

The day went okay, but by suppertime I was frazzled. I mean, super-frazzled. Kendall had suggested that we all ride our bikes downtown to get our mail at the post office. I told him, "I'll do the dishes all by myself if you just take the boys and go." So he did and I flew around the kitchen to get done in record time. Then I scrubbed the bathtub as fast as I could so that I could have a relaxing bath. (I'm very bad at getting around to cleaning the tub, so I'm always motivated to scrub the scummy thing before I take a bath.)

Kendall stayed outside with the boys a long time so that I could enjoy some much-needed peace and quiet. Wasn't that so nice? It was very much appreciated.

No comments: