Monday, September 29, 2008

Fast Asleep


This is where little Evan is right now. I was working in the kitchen and I warned him that it was almost naptime. "Then I hide!" he said. "Then I'll find you!" I said. I heard him talking to himself about hiding in some blankets. As I finished up what I was doing and I could hear that he had burrowed in somewhere and was talking to himself some more. Then it got quiet.

Evan never just falls asleep while he is playing. Well he never DID... until Eli started school. Now there's not as much going on to keep him awake. So one day last week he made a cozy nest for himself on the living room floor and fell asleep. I thought he had probably fallen asleep today too, so as soon as I was done in the kitchen I went to check on him. I carefully moved the blankets on his bed, looking for his head. After a bit of being careful so that I wouldn't wake him, I realized that his bed was empty. Oops. So I checked the guest room. Nothing. I checked our bedroom. Nothing. I checked the living room. Nothing. I went back to the boys' bedroom and checked the top bunk. Nothing. I was getting slightly concerned. But then I looked under the bed and, in the darkness, I could make out Evan's favorite blue blanket from Nana and a lizard's foot. (You will notice that he is wearing a furry lizard costume.) So there sleeps my little boy as snug and cozy as can be.

We're having fun on the days that it's just the two of us. I signed us up for swimtime at the local rec center. Today was our first day. Every Monday morning Evan and I will go to the rec center. Evan will play with other kids and a babysitter while I do water aerobics for an hour. Then the babysitter brings the kids to us and we do AquaTots for 30 minutes. That's when the moms and kids are in the pool together. Today we just played to get used to the water, but eventually the kids will get some mini swimming lessons. Should be good for both of us.

2 comments:

Jen Bontrager said...

Oh, I'm jealous of the water aerobics AND babysitting. Can't wait til Friday!

Karissa said...

Can't wait to see the "Green Lizard"! Mom