Saturday, September 20, 2008

Happy Birthday Leah

Eli just called Leah to wish her a happy birthday. This is what I heard:

Hi Leah. Remember me? Eli? Is it your birthday today? Congratulations. Did you have cake? Aww...I wish I could be there. Just a minute- let me ask my mom. Mom, do we have a gift for Leah?

Anyway, the whole thing was cute- from both sides. It made me sad that Eli had to miss his friend's birthday. (Trust me, he has no idea that he is also missing church campout this weekend. That just might do him in.) But it also seemed to make him very happy to talk to Leah. And it was nice that he could tell her that he'll see her in two weeks.

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

awww..how sweet. We did miss you at church campout this past weekend. I heard Jenson say to one of the other boys "where's Eli?"

Jodi said...

Leah was excited to talk to him too! By the way, Eli, Leah wore her special bracelet from you to preschool today. I overheard her tell her friend, Gracie in the backseat, "This is my special bracelet from Eli. He lives in...Where does he live again, Mom?" Canada is a big word, I guess.