Saturday, September 27, 2008

A Fall Evening

Last night we went on a walk through the bush. It was a beautiful evening and the fall colors were so nice. Kendall took his gun in case we saw grouse. (Actually, after reading about our meal the other night, Ben informed me that it should be spelled "gross.") So, Kendall took his gun in case we saw gross. But with all the noise we make walking through the bush, there is little danger of us seeing any animals- gross and bears included. We had fun and I collected anything I could find to make a nice fall arrangement. Then we came home and ran to the grocery store before it closed (at 8pm!). I picked up minnows (in the freezer section right next to the fish sticks) for Kendall and 2 containers of ice cream. We brought the ice cream home and used it to gain entrance to Kendra's party, party crashers that we are. It was a good evening.



This is all the males in my family trying to call moose. Unfortunately, the calls were ineffective as they were closely followed by lots of little boy noise.





3 comments:

Dave & Gloria said...

Karen, thanks for sharing your great pictures of the Hochstedler men! I love filling the whole computer screen with them, one at a time...I can't wait to see those little guys and their mama in a few short days! Love, Mom

LaRonda said...

Thanks for posting so often. I love to see how much fun Kendall is having with his boys and the way that you guys are making the best of your year in Red Lake.

Unknown said...

The best of their FIRST year in Red Lake, LaRonda. =)

I like party crashers, Karen. Anytime.
Kendra