Monday, September 15, 2008

Eli's First Day of School (His Perspective)

Eli is safely home. :) He is going to answer a few questions.

How was your day?
Good.

Anything else?
Got a new best friend. Two!

What are their names?
I can only remember one of their names. One is named Evan. And I can't remember the other one's name. What are you writing?

Did you like your teacher?
(Shakes his head no.)

Eli, tell the truth.
I actually really didn't. I actually really did.

What is she like?
She likes all of us.

Tell me about her.
She's really nice and I don't know what else she likes. I'm gonna go. Bye bye!


Okay, so that didn't work so well. But when I picked him up, he seemed very happy to see me and happy about his day too. He ran over to me and gave me a big hug. Pretty much the first thing he said was, "Do we have any plans for this evening?" "Eli," I asked him, "Don't you remember about our big celebration?" (He got to choose what to eat and he chose Subway. We'll take it out to the bush and go grouse hunting.) "Yeah, but I mean something else too. Like going to a friend's house to play." Apparently he hasn't had enough socialization yet today.

Eli did say that he had a super-good day. He said they got to play outside 2 times and went to the gym. There they played Simon Says. He said he had 4 teachers. When he got home he pulled out a project he is working on (a bandit mask- basically a roughly-cut triangle of construction paper) and said Evan could help him. Then he proceeded to ask for books from the book order he brought home. I forgot all about those things! He told me, "There's something you need to get me, even if you don't like it..." That's how he prefaces anything having to do with Spiderman. Sorry, I still win on that one. Although I'm wondering if I should give up the battle against Spiderman so that it loses its appeal.

Anyway...the boys are happily playing "beaverhouse" right now. That's where they pile up anything they can find and crawl in under the pile to be beavers. Right now the pile contains 3 bed pillows, various couch cushions, one game, one video case, 2 shoes, one fish net, one small container, one moose (stuffed) and a box of papers. Oh, and 2 slightly wrinkly apples. And they're trying to put our huge stroller on top of the whole pile.

4 comments:

Nathalie said...

Thanks for the interview. He sounds like a busy guy. And very glad to hear about the two new best friends. I think that qualifies as a good day.

I like his preface for all things Spiderman. I think you should keep up the ban, just so someday he complain about how deprived he was as a kid. Plus it sounds like it's fueling his creativity to have to find ways to preface his requests for banned materials.

Eli - Glad you had a good first day bud!
Rod

Twila said...

Thanks for the update I thought about him and you often today,could have cried if I would have let myself, I'm glad he enjoyed it and that he was glad to see you!
Nanna

karen said...

Yeah, Rod, I thought you should know what Eli said today. He told me, "Don't freak out, but I'm gonna ask for Spiderman things for my birthday."

Charlotte said...

I loved the "beaverhouse" --Kids can be so creative if the moms can just put up with the mess!