Monday, September 15, 2008

4-wheeling

Yesterday afternoon we went out on 4-wheelers with Marvin, a man who Kendall has been working for and likes a lot. It was, of course, beautiful. We went out on some trails that you couldn't drive a car or truck down and that would have taken hours to walk down. So that made me more sympathetic to Kendall's desire for a working 4-wheeler. (He bought one, but it has been a lemon and currently is in many, many pieces.)

Kendall, Eli and I piled on to the super-duper big and mighty 4-wheeler (pretty much the equivalent of a Goldwing) and Evan caught a ride with Marvin. I couldn't hear much over the roar of the machines, but I found out later that both boys were singing and talking away as we bumped along the path. Another moment of happiness for Mommy.

Later, they got to ride in a trailer behind that super-duper 4-wheeler. They were bouncing around like little helmeted bobbleheads. This elderly 32-year old had tried it earlier, but found it to be way too bone-jarringly violent. The boys were back there smiling and laughing. However, when we got back to the truck, Eli informed us that he didn't like the ride. When I commented on his smile, he let me know that he smiles when he's mad. I guess that's a good thing for me to know!

1 comment:

Dave Gloria said...

Hey Eli, that's great, if you can simile when you're mad...I wonder if Grandpa wishes that Grandma could do that!?

From your "Smiling" (and LAUGHING as I read these stories to Grandpa!) Grandma.

Gloria