Friday, September 12, 2008

Homesick?

Yes, I guess I am. For much of the summer I haven't felt too homesick. We've kept pretty busy as a family. And being home full-time with the boys has gone better than I expected. I've pushed myself socially, so maybe being at home feels like a bit of a refuge. I don't have any great friends, but I usually feel hopeful about friendships.

But the past week has been harder. I just want to have good conversations and laugh with comfortable friends.

But that probably won't be happening this weekend, so how do we keep moving forward and encouraging each other when we're both struggling with some lonliness?

We're trying to be creative. Tomorrow's supposed to be nice, so we're hoping to do some "day camping," as I call it. (Camping without hauling the tent and bedding and everything else to sleep out there.) We're hoping to go on a date (our first one since being here!) sometime next week. We have supper plans with another family next week. Hopefully we can have company Sunday evening. (Or maybe get invited away!) We might stay up late tonight or tomorrow night to play a game with Kendra next door. We'll find things to do and hopefully be able to keep the bogeyman of lonliness away. :)

And in the meantime, hopefully our friendship with each other and God will deepen.

1 comment:

Dave & Gloria said...

"Misery loves company"! This Saturday was a day for feeling some of that gray stuff...(missing all the kids and grandkids!) Thank God for telephones and e-mail...I love your blog. Mom