Thursday, September 18, 2008

First Date!

Well, not actually our first date. It just seems like it since it's our first one in at least 12 weeks. And who knows when our last one was in Indiana- it was pure craziness for the last weeks.

Anyway, I'm excited. Even if our boys are only 2 minutes away by car and the restaurant is halfway between us and them. Our restaurant choices in town are 2 pizza/french fries/chicken joints that are mostly carry-out, a pub and a bar (not sure if they serve food), a chinese restaurant that doesn't quite seem open, Subway, and this one. This one, "the Howie," actually seems pretty nice inside- I've been in there one time. And I can think of one other restaurant that's open during the day and recently started being open 3 evenings a week. And when it's warm there are 1 or 2 chip wagons around town, depending on...I'm not sure what it depends on.

So you can see that we don't go out to eat much. Besides, in spite of the small selection, they're rather pricey. In fact, I seem to be losing weight and can't seem to figure out why. The only major differences in eating or exercise habits I could come up with are rarely eating out and not pigging out on my mom's cooking. (There's something about eating my mom's cooking that makes me think I can eat just like I did when I was a kid and couldn't gain weight even though I desperately wanted to.)

But anyway, enough about restaurants and eating. A date! And I think I just heard my handsome prince ride up on the blue weasel. Bye bye!

3 comments:

Twila said...

The little bull burger are pretty reasonable there Ha. Ha. I think they have a wrap thats pretty good too. Hope you evening is a lot of fun. are the boys at Walter's?
Mom.H

Jen Bontrager said...

Yeah for dates! Hope you had a great time!

Dave & Gloria said...

"The handsome prince in the blue weasel"...I can just see it...and the beautiful princess is at her cabin door to welcome him, in her blue jeans and "hoodie", socks and tennies, (trying to keep warm in the less than cozy warm air inside the cabin...with a big smile on her face and in her heart!

Love you, Mom