Tuesday, October 14, 2008

So Proud


That's me that's proud. Of my husband, Kendall Hochstedler, R.N. I missed his first day of work, so he indulged me this morning by letting me snap a picture of him on his way out the door.

He was able to start at the hospital the week that I left for Indiana. It was disappointing for us that he wasn't able to work as a nurse before now, but we can definitely see good things in that. He was able to work construction with someone he really liked. For the most part, he enjoyed that job. And as I look back, I know that I needed a lot of support in the first weeks here. So if he would have been working long hours, working weekends, and also needing support with starting a new job, well... we'll just say that it might not have worked out so well.

So we're happy he's doing what he worked so hard at preparing for. And I'm proud.

8 comments:

Velma Swartz said...

Good job Kendall. I hope the nursing position will be a rewarding experience.

Charlotte said...

Yeah!!! All those years of school are finally worth it :) You [both] "made" it.

Twila said...

Wow, Kendall your looking good, swallowed back the tears. (of Joy and happiness for you.) Thanks Karen too for being proud of him, you desirve a lot of "way to go too!!"
love ya all
Mom H.

Jen Bontrager said...

Congrats, Kendall. Maybe you could blog a bit and tell us how it's going.:)

LaRonda said...

You look so great! You guys have come along way from when I think of us sitting in your apartment at Rosedale. Way to go! Does this mean that you passed your Canadian test?

Dave & Gloria said...

I'm very proud of you, Kendall! May things go well, as you begin your new nursing job, in the little hospital in Red Lake!
Gloria

Jodi said...

Congrats, Kendall! Nice scrubs. So when will we be hearing from "Kendall's Korner"?

marilyn bontrager said...

SWEE E ETTTTTTT!!

Hats off to you and your Nursing Career !! It's definitely a big challenge to start a new job!! I can relate... I can relate to having your spouse doing the blog thing as well!!

Best wishes to your lit'le family... those boys are growing up so fast!! What a life changing experience you are giving them!!