Monday, October 27, 2008

Proud and Muddy


Here's my 2 muddy men. Eli didn't have school today, Kendall works tonight, and Evan and I had swimming lessons. So Eli and Kendall went grouse hunting. Kendall told me more or less where they were headed and said they would be back by noon.

Well, they weren't back by noon, but I didn't get too worried until 1:00. Then I knew something was wrong. Kendall is considerate enough to not be an hour late. I knew that they were probably stuck in the mud somewhere, but of course I had to work to not let my mind go to other possibilities. At 1:30 I just had to talk to someone. So I called Kendra at the office and told her what was up. At what point do I get worried? Dave was there and said that he wouldn't get worried until 3:00. So I tried to do other things and just wait patiently. I was sure, though, that something wasn't right if Kendall was this late. If he would have been out with a friend it would have been different, but I knew he would know I was worrying and he wanted to have a big chunk of time to sleep this afternoon.

I could go on with the suspense and the possible scenarios, but then they were home. And very muddy! Turns out they had gotten terribly stuck, had both fallen in the mud, and had built a couple fires while they waited. But I'll try to get their sides of the story for that part.

When they got home, Eli was pumped. He was so excited and feeling very manly. He had to shower with Dad and then ate his soup ravenously. It was cute. I think he is feeling very bonded to his Daddy after a long, muddy morning together.

Hopefully, they'll share their sides of the story...So...to be continued.

1 comment:

Dave & Gloria said...

Man, Karen, I so wish you had been there with your camera, when your "men" landed in the mud! It just sounds too funny! Mom