Saturday, October 18, 2008

Fall!


Eli and Evan got to enjoy the fall tradition of playing in the leaves in our yard.



After playing for awhile, we made supper over the fire with Kendra.

Most of the trees that our going to lose their leaves are bare by now. I am a bit sad about that, but it still looks beautiful around here because of all the evergreens.

We spent several hours outside today. We made a fire and roasted hot dogs. Kendall even got a grouse, but we didn't roast it while we were out. Then he made bows for the boys to shoot their sticks with.

And he talked me into shooting the gun. Unfortunately, I cannot wink with my left eye, so I had to shoot left-handed in order to line up the sights. Not to brag, but my shot still hit only 2 inches away from the bulls-eye. That could have taken out a grouse.

1 comment:

Twila said...

way to go Karen, you'll make a good hunter yet!! Not that I think your not already, remember the in-laws are the ones that win the clay bird shoot:)
Mom H.