Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Norseman Festival






This weekend was the annual Norseman Festival in Red Lake. Kendall has fond childhood memories of this event. So we went and enjoyed the weekend. In the first photo we are enjoying, along with good ol' nachos and cheese, some Canadian fare: poutine, perogies, and Canadian Pepsi which the Hochstedlers say is way better than US Pepsi. Poutine is french fries with shredded cheese and brown gravy. (I think Duane is especially fond of poutine since he had the chance to try it up here.) The other photos are some that cracked us up last night. See if you can pick out the scary one where Eli obviously just jumped and his face needs to catch up with the rest of him. The little boy in the last photo belongs to Kendall's old friends and my new friends, Derek and Elise.

3 comments:

Karissa said...

it might be because i just got home and my emotions are a little out of whack right now, but i am sitting here crying because that picture of eli's face is so funny. i looked at the pictures before i read the blog and thought maybe it was a camera glitch, but its much funnier when it really looked like that.

Twila said...

Good pictures I love it. I promise I wont comment on all your blogs!by the way looks like a neat 4 wheel buggy sitting out front!!
mom H.

StuckeyBlog said...

Those pictures are great! I enjoyed the picture with Eli's face looking funny - but also the one with Evan's hair sticking up!
By the way, you've been meme'd. :) Check my blog for instructions - melodystuckey.blogspot.com