Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Fishing







So Wednesday night was our first time out on the boat. Kendall, birthday boy that he is, got to pull in the first walleye. Dad was next. Eli got a bite and got all excited, but it got away. Poor guy. He kept thinking that he had one. He sat very patiently for quite awhile. But then he started getting more impatient. Finally he said, “The fish don’t like me.” We told him that of course they don’t- he’s going to eat them. I was so hoping- even praying- that the forlorn little guy would catch a fish. Then Eli felt something on his line. We were all excited and he ended up pulling in the biggest one of the evening. He was so happy. He kept talking about it. His head was swelling bigger and bigger until I started wishing I could take back my prayers that he would catch one. At one point he even said, “I’ve never heard of a kid catching one that big.” Yes, Eli made history Wednesday night, even if it was only in the Hochstedler record books.

By the way, I finally caught a fish too. It was a weenie little one, but we kept it. At 11:30 that night we were eating a hefty bedtime snack of fresh walleye. It was so good.

1 comment:

Karissa said...

Eli sounds like a little Dave with the way he claims that record!