Friday, March 2, 2012

Date Night

Kendall and I were blessed with a last-minute date night tonight. The boys were invited to a friend's house, so we were left with a free evening. We were going to go out on the snowmobiles, but then Kendall found out he had to meet someone at some point in the evening.  So we needed to stay close to home.  Plan B it was. 
Plan B was deep-fried food.  I am happy in this photo because I love deep-fried anything:

Yes, friends, that would be deep-fried onion rings, deep-fried broccoli, deep-fried mushrooms, deep-fried dill pickles, deep-fried zucchini, deep-fried jalapenos and deep-fried shrimp.  With a delicious horseradish sauce on the side. 

It all started with the idea of a bloomin' onion.  I was going to bake it because I never deep fry anything.  (Found out tonight that I've really been missing out, by the way.) Then I decided to fry the onion.  Then I thought, Hey, since we're getting out a pot of oil, we should fry lots of things!  It spiraled out of control from there.  And it was so yummy. 

And so fun to cook together.  It's not something we do very often and I'm not sure if we've ever done it for a date night.  I highly recommend it.  Except if you do deep-fried everything like we did, it doesn't make for the most romantic date.  Afterward, all we could manage was a side hug.  Our bellies were just too full for contact.

No comments: