Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Home Again, Home Again

And 29 hours later, we're home.
  • Saying goodbye to cousins.
  • A co-worker of Delton's took us to the airport yesterday afternoon through lots of city and traffic. 
  • Evan got carsick.  But he warned me, so I caught all of it in a double-bagged bag. 
  • We said goodbye to the green and the warm weather.
  • We made it through customs uneventfully.  (This Canadian-American family is a complicated case and because of where I am in the Canadian immigration process, no one could guarantee us ahead of time that they would let me back on a plane to Canada.)
  • A near-sleepless night in the plane for Mom and Dad.  Evan, on the other hand, made himself at home, sprawling across Eli and Mom.
  • Breakfast served on the plane at 3:30 a.m.
  • Toronto at 5:15 a.m.  By that time we felt so close to home and like it was night and soon we would be home and go to bed.  We were wrong.
  • More uneventful immigration.  (I sneakily concealed the part of my immigration document that said "NOT VALID FOR TRAVEL" when I handed it to the immigration official.)
  • A delayed flight in Toronto.  Tired maniac giggles at a funny commercial in the airport.
  • The best 2 hours of sleep of the previous 48 hours on the second flight.
  • Winnipeg by 11:00 a.m.
  • Kenora for groceries and a McDonald's break by 3:00 p.m.
  • Home by 7:15 p.m.

 We're tired.  Oh, and you know those romantic pictures of a couple's feet in the sand?  Here's our romantic photo tonight:

If you look closely, you can see the grotesque disfiguration.  In fact, the swelling has gone down for both of us.  My feet were swollen all week.  I'm not sure why.  I mean I know I'm pregant and the nurse practitioner warned me about the travel, but it was so sudden.  I even wore those nursing home ted hose on the flights!  Well, lo and behold, in the middle of the night on the plane last night, my empathetic husband's feet suddenly ballooned up and supassed those of his pregant wife!  It's a little bit scary, but oh so funny. 

More maniac giggles tonight.  The boys are in awe of their parents' feet, though Eli's annoying explanation is "It's your age."  Evan kindly pointed out that Kendall's eyebrows looked swollen too.  Kendall wondered if he sat on an air hose, which sent both of us into fits of maniac giggles of exhaustion.  Thankfully, that comment was lost on our impressionable young sons.

Good night.  Time to rest these old people feet.
More Brazil stories to follow...

1 comment:

Twila said...

So happy to hear your home safe and sound! I laughed out loud at the feet comments! Hope its something a horizontal position can't fix! Will look forward to more posts! rest up!