Wednesday, March 7, 2012

In the City

Tonight Evan came and told me that Eli said a bad word.  Then it came out that Evan also said a bad word.  (In self-defense, he explained that he thought Eli wanted him to.  Whatever.)  Evan told me that Eli explained that "that's how it would be in the city."  Way to go.  Way to prepare your little brother for the perils of the big city.

I explained to Eli that if there are bad words being spoken in Sao Paulo, they will be in Portugese, so he won't know anyway.  And that he will be in deep doo-doo if he tries that even in the big city.  And did he not hear the girls a table away from us in Tim Horton's tonight.  We weren't even in a big city.

In other news, Air Canada's mechanics, baggage handlers and cargo agents have notified the airline that they are planning to strike.  That's our airline.  Good news:  It's planned for March 12, after we're in Brazil.  Bad news:  I'm guessing that Delton and Fernie aren't hoping to have a family of 4 move in with them permanently.  This is right over March Break when everyone is traveling, so here's to hoping the airline and the union work hard to come to an agreement.

2 comments:

Joelle Hochstedler said...

I live in the city and it's true! Bad words seem to be more prevalent. Maybe...

I hope you have a great trip to Brazil! That is so exciting and I'm sure will be a great learning experience (and fun ta boot!). Also, I'm pretty sure I watched a whole bunch of Brazil births when I was pregnant. They know how to do things! So if you get trapped there for a long time, don't worry.

Twila said...

Good one Joelle, we could all go there to see her then! oh I guess we couldn't get there either,and ya, have a wonderful time don't be to busy to take pictures, we'll pray the airlines will get a better plan.