Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Ice-Fishing Shack

Meet our new ice shack:
Kendall noticed it setting in someone's driveway this fall.  Later he noticed a new one setting beside it.  When he saw someone outside, he stopped in and asked about the old one.  They told him to take it away.  So he did.

Kendall has been wanting an ice shack for awhile now.  I tried to explain to him that first of all, our family should try sitting in the bathroom for a whole Saturday and see how much fun it is to be in a small space.  He was undeterred.  (And never did take my bathroom advice.)  So he fixed up the shack and here it is out on the ice.  He and the boys may even try sleeping in it sometime.  I may pass on that one.
Here my great outdoorsman fries up some moose steaks for lunch:

Yes, it got hot in there with the woodstove:

And Eli was proud of his shirtless state:
Eli and Evan loved being out on the lake, even though we went home without any fish.  At one point Eli said to me, "Dad sure is an outdoorsman.  I'm glad you chose him."

Me too.

2 comments:

Twila said...

Oh wow! that looks like so much fun! a toilet in the corner would be nice eh? I'm glad he chose you all too! Mom H.

Dave Gloria said...

Wow... now you can go camping in the winter too! Great photos! Mom