Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Saturday, March 11

After a very long flight, we made it to Brazil. I am amazed to see on the map how huge Brazil is. And Sao Paulo is on the south side of the country, so we are far from Canada. 
The flight went pretty well- better than I thought it might.  Our flight left late and it was 1:00 am or so before the meals were eaten and we turned in for the night.  The boys were out quickly.  It had been a long day.  Evan slept straight through until 7:00.  The rest of us were awake off and on.  Even so, 5 hours of sleep isn't too bad for an overnight flight.

Almost 10 hours after take-off, we were landing.  As we looked out the window and Eli and Evan saw palm trees in their natural environment for the first time, I was moved.  (And it wasn't just the lack of sleep or the pregnancy hormones.)  It means so much to be able to show our kids a different part of the world.  I also got to take a significant overseas trip at age 8 and I know that it has had a lasting impact on my life.

Here we are with our many bags outside the airport:  (Most with things we delivered to our hosts.:) )

1 comment:

Kirst said...

i love evan's face in this picture!