Monday, August 4, 2008

Take a shower! Do laundry! Air out everything!

At bedtime after we got back from camping Eli and Evan requested their special pillows and blankets. I found Eli’s still packed with the stinky camping gear. I smelled it before I tossed it to him and said, “P-U!” Then I said, “Do you like that smell?” And Eli, a son truly after his camping father’s heart, said wholeheartedly, “Yes!” I thought he might.

Monday morning I decided to wash their stinky things. Evan started whining about me washing them. I said that they were stinky and that’s why I was going to wash them. Evan, while following me around whining, said, “No! Me want them be stinky!” Finally, I said that he could play with them now and I’d wash them later. He retrieved his prized possessions from the laundry room floor and smelled them. “Mmmm! These smell good!”

It makes me laugh. I am truly outnumbered by the males here in fragrance preferences. Kendall loves the smell of fire and fishing and outdoors. It's fine when we're out there, but when I get home I want to smell something nice! One time I asked Kendall, "So if there was a perfume that smelled like this, you would want me to have it?" In all sincerity he answered me, "Yes."

No comments: