Monday, August 18, 2008

No joke.

Karissa wanted this chair, but it was decided that it would not be allowed in the van. So she just wanted to try it out a bit.



We saw lots of bears at the dump. I thought they were cute and cuddly compared to the wolves we heard, but at the dump I was reminded how big they really are. I sort of changed my mind.





This is the naughty boat. (I mean the people in it.) Dad was a bad influence on the rest of us and we decided to play a trick on the other boat. Dad decided that he wanted to jump out of the boat when everyone in the other boat wasn’t looking. Me and Kirsten were supposed to duck down in the bottom of the boat. And the desired effect would be “mystery.” We were game for a little fun. So he slyly took off his shoes and socks and when everyone in the other boat looked at something else, he jumped in the lake. We ducked down and when I expected to hear the others making a ruckus, I just heard silence. They heard a splash and looked over and only little Evan was sitting in the boat. I think it kind of freaked them out. They were slightly shocked and bewildered. But we thought it was funny.



Later Eli decided that he wanted to join Grandpa in the lake. So he was also lowered over the boat. I don’t think I could have been convinced to do that with all the fish we were attempting to catch in that very spot.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

I like the naughty boat! That sounds like a good clean joke. I will smile every time I think of little Ev in the boat all by himself, fishing away!