Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Dreams of a Little Cabin in the Woods


I don't know if you can see it, but there is a "For Sale" sign on this piece of property. This was out where we went camping- a 30-minute boat ride from Red Lake. There were a few docks out along the lake and up in the trees you could see little cottages. I told Kendall that if we live here a long time I would love to have a little cabin to go to whenever we needed to get away. I would love that. (Later I heard what the land is selling for, but I'll keep living in my little dream world.) We saw different pieces of land for sale and talked a bit about what we would do with it. It's fun to dream anyway!


But then we saw that this cabin was already there. Surely we could afford this! I guess maybe a secluded cabin in the bush doesn't have to be an unattainable dream after all!

3 comments:

Amy said...

I was just telling Dave the other day that all us cousins should go together a buy a property in Canada. The camping trip brings back so many memories. Beautiful pictures!

ribbit98 said...

That is a fantastic idea Amy! But please do it in Sioux Lookout, not Red Lake!

marilyn bontrager said...

Keep dreaming Karen!! Dreams do come true.... ours sure did... and God is in the business of giving us the "desires of our heart"! love you and your gorgeous picture story book!! marilyn