Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Ouch!

My toe hurts.

You see, just a bit ago I walked into the very messy living room where Mr. Evan was playing. He was holding a dart gun (which had already been confiscated from Mr. Eli this morning and which Evan had climbed up on a chair to sneak off of the top of the refrigerator a bit ago).

I announced with all the volume and showmanship of a circus ringmaster, "And now! Mr. Evan is going to demonstrate his great skill iiiiiinnnn.... cleaning up the living room!"

Skillful Mr. Evan looked most perturbed. Then he wound up and hurled his little plastic gun at me. Bullseye! It hit me right on the foot and hurt like a booger!

I said, "Ow!" then turned around and quickly limped out of the room because I didn't want him to see me laughing.

I went in my room and closed the door laughing hysterically (though it really did hurt- a lot). I could hear Evan outside saying indignantly, "I didn't want you to say that!"

Finally I got my emotions under control and went to have a little talk with Mr. Evan. Needless to say, the gun was re-confiscated and Evan didn't get as much help cleaning up the living room as he would have liked.

Guns are dangerous weapons!

And speaking of dangerous weapons, I just got to watch Evan "sneak" out of the house holding a hockey stick to scare away the cat we spotted in the yard. The lucky cat escaped with his life before Evan got within 15 feet of him. But Evan did turn around just before he came back inside and yelled out a menacing warning: "Get away kitty!"

3 comments:

Dave & Gloria said...

You guys make me laugh! Mom

Karissa said...

fortunately I'm reading this on a break between classes instead of during class... wouldn't want to cause a seen by getting the giggles. thanks for the stories!

Jodi said...

Hockey sticks are a lot less menacing than some things used down here to "scare away cats". Just ask Uncle Duey and Uncle Ben. I love it-mean, with a dose of nicety, by calling it "kitty".