Thursday, October 8, 2009

Half-finished and Done


This is what's setting on my table right now. Can you tell what it is? It's a hockey stick cake waiting to be frosted. The puck is beside it. This would be the boys' birthday cake for their party tomorrow night. Oh yeah, and I remembered that decorating cakes makes me tense. Well, I knew that, but this morning I really remembered it. I don't have much desire to continue with the cake.

Where are you Mom, LaRonda, and Cathy when I really need you? Because I noticed you're not here. So anyway, this is what will be waiting for my lovely husband when he wakes up this afternoon. If I'm feeling nice, I'll put the crumb layer on before he wakes up. Yep, Kendall's the cake decorator in this house.

I'll show you the final product after my hubby works his artistic magic.

1 comment:

Jen Bontrager said...

I just called the boys over to see if they could name the cake. Here are the guesses so far -
Isaac-Race car, gun
Jesse- alligator, super-marker(?)
I'm sure it will look awesome when it's done! Happy birthday, Eli and Evan! We miss you!