Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A Weekend Away

Last weekend I had the privilege of being part of a massive exodus of women out of Red Lake. We went to Stormer Lake Camp for a scrapbooking weekend. There were actually only 11 of us and 2 weren't even from Red Lake, but still, if you look at the actual population of Red Lake, it was a large percentage of the women.


Anyway, I had a great time. I was really looking forward to it, but also somewhat nervous. I've reached the place where I can confidently call people here "friends." (It took awhile til I felt really comfortable doing that.) I still feel like the new one though. But once I got to Stormer Lake I had a blast. Lots of good conversations (and good food, for that matter) mixed in with scrapbooking. It was a great way to get to know people better.


Thanks to my husband, who made it possible for me to go. Friday night he went to our small group. There he was invited to someone's house for lunch on Saturday. After lunch they took snowmobiles out on the lake. They even had a kid-sized snowmachine that the boys took turns driving. Eli reportedly loved it. Evan- not so much. In fact, I heard through the grapevine that he nearly broad-sided their host on his snowmachine. Disaster was avoided when their host jumped off of his machine and stopped the little one. And, of course, the three musketeers did some manly exploring on Sunday afternoon. It sounded like they had a great time, but they were happy to see me again too.

3 comments:

Twila said...

Oh I'm so happy to hear you had a wonderful weekend, happy also that you are feeling like you have friends, God is Good, will look forward to the pictures. Glad the boys had fun too.
Twila

Dave & Gloria said...

Karen, the "hard work"!? is payin' off...Glad you had a great week-end, and also the "men" in your little family! I'm looking forward to your pictures from Stormer Lake!

Love you, Mom

Jen Bontrager said...

Hooray for scrapbooking weekends- and husbands who take their boys for adventures while we are gone!