Friday, February 6, 2009

A Vital (Though Slightly Silly) Decision

We were so busy in Indiana that I hardly had time to realize that I would be saying goodbye again. Wednesday night we stayed up late talking with my parents. When we went to bed it sunk in more that I was leaving again the next day. That thought made me tense and I realized that I was holding my breath. Hmmm…It felt kind of good to hold my breath since I was feeling sad about leaving. Hmmm…Another thought- I’m not gonna breathe again! That’ll teach ‘em! (Kendall was lying at my side, completely oblivious to the very important and even vital decision I was making.) But then I got tired of not breathing and gasped in a big lungful of air. “You’re lucky!” I hissed at Kendall. “I decided to stop breathing, but then I changed my mind.” (You can imagine his great relief.)

Yes, yes…My lucky husband. :P

2 comments:

Jen Bontrager said...

Now we know where Eli gets his crazy ideas. That sounds like something he would come up with. :)

Jodi said...

I'm glad you decided to start breathing again, Karen.