Friday, February 6, 2009

More (Random) Thoughts From the Road- Feb.4

Kendall has made it clear to me that when I am handing him something as he is driving it is my responsibility to look and put the object in his hand. He can’t look away from the road to see where exactly I’m holding the object. He has to keep his eyes on the road, you know. I am having trouble remembering that because I am also looking out the window as we drive. This issue has become his new favorite pet peeve and most important point to drive home. (No pun intended.) My pet peeve is that he can look at the computer screen right now to see what I’m doing. He is also very talented in looking at his iPod. That is so not keeping his eyes on the road.


My feet are freezing and we’re less than an hour into our 9-hour drive. For some reason, this lovely car spits out hot air on the driver’s side floor and lets in cold air on the passenger side floor. We brought along an old, nasty blanket especially for the purpose of warming the passenger’s feet. It’s not working too well right now and it only adds to the million other things at my feet. It’s crowded in here (to put it mildly). What we wouldn’t do for a 15 passenger van or a U-Haul right now…

1 comment:

ribbit98 said...

I am so glad to hear that the "cold feet on the passenger side" thing has happened to someone else too! Not glad that it happened to YOU, just glad that I know I'm not the only one that it has happened too and that I wasn't just imagining it or making it up!