Friday, February 6, 2009

Ohio (January 29-February 1)

Thursday after lunch we left Indiana for Ohio to be part of Wedding #2. Leaving Indiana was sad, but not traumatic. I did feel cloudy all the way to Ohio though.

It was really good to be with the Hochstedlers again. It was hard for me to miss their get-togethers over the holidays. I was glad that we had this time to look forward to.

However, in spite of really looking forward to this time, we were a mess. Well, mostly me and Evan. We were exhausted. So I felt grouchy and tired too much of the time. But there were good times mixed in.

The wedding was fun. Hans and Joelle had a beautiful and fun wedding. One of my favorite parts was the happy couple’s matching Converse tennis shoes.

Kendall and I saw a lot of people from our past. It was fun reconnecting with old friends.

And as for the boys, they did great walking up the aisle. They were part of a large group of kids carrying all kinds of lanterns. Evan was pretty close to all-out refusing to cooperate. But when it came right down to it, another bribe worked beautifully. We were proud parents once again.

Saturday night when we got back to Tim and LaRonda’s after the wedding we had a great time. In fact, I enjoyed our late-night/early-morning time almost enough to make up for my earlier grouchiness.

No comments: