Monday, November 3, 2008

Last time out?

Probably the last time out on the lake until next spring. Yesterday was a beautiful day. I took the boys to church in the morning while Kendall slept. (He was between 2 night shifts.) He got up mid-afternoon so that we could go out on the lake before dark which is an hour earlier now.

It felt good to get out on the lake again. It has been quite an adjustment since Kendall started working long shifts. As we headed out in the boat I felt like I could breathe. I really felt like I was finally out in the fresh air instead of in a stuffy cabin. I guess that's why they call it "cabin fever." And I can hear the sighs as people think, "Oh, Karen. If you have cabin fever already, you are in trouble." Well, I'm going to attribute some of this cabin fever to the adjustment to different working hours. So, even though winter has not even begun and even though it may not be this warm again for another 6 months, I have hope. (Wow. 6 months?! Wow. I shouldn't have counted that up. Please, someone correct me if I'm wrong.) As I was saying, I do have some brand of cabin fever right now, but I have hope. We'll adjust.




eEli saw this rock pile and was intrigued. He said, "I think that's God's Ebenezer!"

4 comments:

Twila said...

Beautiful pictures!! Just want to tell you Karen there will be lots of chances for FRESH AIR to breathe before 6 mo. just not on open water maybe:) hows that, you will adjust! You've come this far well!
love ya,Mom H.

Jen Bontrager said...

Maybe you should blow up and frame those two pictures of the sunset on the lake to keep your hope alive.
21 days and counting!

Karissa said...

I love those sunset pictures with the open water. In the next few months there will be something neat about scooting across the open ice on a snowmobile too. Dave

Camilla Miller said...

Hi guys! We miss you. I love those sunset pictures. Dosn't compare to our sunsets. -Cami