Thursday, October 4, 2012

Winter Storm Warning

It's cold and it's snowing.  And there is a lot of snow in the forecast for the next few days.  Check this out. 

4 days ago we spent the day on the lake.  It was lovely.  And we knew that it was most likely our last chance like that.  Over the weekend there were still quite a few yellow leaves on the poplar trees in our back yard.  They're gone now.  One windy day was all it took.

So here I sit in the basement by a cozy fire while my new cloth diapers finish drying by the woodstove.  (What was I thinking?!  Cloth diapers are soggy and stinky!)  I sit here and watch the snow falling outside the window while listening to the crackling of a hot fire in the woodstove.  Sounds so cozy and peaceful, doesn't it?

Actually, I'm trying to not be mad at Kendall for this whole weather situation.  After all, the rational part of me knows he didn't make it snow on purpose. :)  Poor guy.  He has to take my wrath when Red Lake's weather is less than ideal.  For his sake, I'll try to work that wrath out by working on the annual closet switch.  Time to sort and purge and exchange the tank tops for sweaters...

P.S.  It is now 2 1/2 hours later.  Now that I have met friends for lunch and have my cup of Tim Horton's coffee, I am better equipped to enjoy the thought of a crackling fire and tolerate the thought of snow.

2 comments:

Twila said...

Yea, for friends ,coffe and out of the house awhile better then needing to go down the 105 eh? which I hear is closed. fire does sound nice.
Mom H.

Jodi said...

Okay, I'm really excited for snow flurries and hot fires in the basement stove, but I do realize that we are still doing a full-on fall down here...so we have a ways to go. But I'll have coffee with you and help switch closets! That sounds like two of my favorite things!