Friday, October 12, 2012

Sent to the Office

Today after school I gave the boys their snack and asked them what was interesting at school today.  They looked at each other.  Evan got a sly smile on his face.  Eli looked at Evan with a bit of pleading in his eyes.  Hmmm...  I was definitely more interested now than I was 30 seconds earlier.

Evan said, "Well, we got a 15-minute time-out.  Because of Eli!"

Yes, my perfect little angels were sent to the office.  But as the story came out, I could only laugh.  A lot.

As the story went, Eli went up to Evan at recess.  He opened his arms wide to give him a hug.  Evan wasn't prepared for the hug and the hug turned into a tackle.  (Imagine that.)  They landed on the ground and the "grouchy" playground monitor looked at them and barked, "To the office!  Now!"

So they went to the office.  No one was there.  Eli said he was just wishing for a "judge" with whom to plead his case:  "He's my brother!"  So they waited in the office with 2 other buddies who happened to be there for throwing snowballs.  No judge or other authority figure ever showed up to pronounce them innocent, so they waited until the bell rang and then went back to class.  The end.

I found great humor in that story.  I told them it was the funniest thing I had heard all day.  But, of course, even brotherly tackling is not a good idea at school.

4 comments:

Twila said...

Your a good mommy!! They truly are two peas in a pod.
cute.

Dave Gloria said...

I love the hug/tackles. I just hope they take it easy on Lydia. Dave

Jodi said...

Nice disclaimer at the end there, Karen! :) I guess the boys forgot they were on the playground, and thought they were at home in the living room.
Too funny that the troops were sent to an unsupervised front office! ha!

Joelle Hochstedler said...

Such bad little boys (not)!