Thursday, March 26, 2009

Tuesday Morning

Just for kicks, I decided to take pictures of each member of the family Tuesday morning. I'm working on having the kids do more chores. Even though they complain, it seems to make them happy deep down inside.

This is how they make their beds. They always need to tuck in their stuffed animals. See that little blue flowered pillow for the monkey? That was a pillow that Nana randomly sent with Eli
one time as we started a trip from Iowa to Indiana. Somewhere along the way Evan adopted as his own. Finally, he quit cold turkey during our trip south in January. (Not his choice.) I just didn't take it along. He was fine and I knew he would be. Recently I thought it was safe to get it out again. Wrong. Apparently, the deep love he had for the pillow never disappeared. So he loves it again and claims that it is for his monkey. To keep things under control, we let him choose 2 of his "things" to sleep with every night. His choices are blue pillow, blue blanket and monkey.

He enjoyed posing with his work of art.



He's so good at washing dishes. We don't mind a little water on the floor, do we? He complains about it (notice the tongue sticking out at me), but once he gets started, he's often singing or talking contentedly.



Poor Kendall. Two mornings this week he was going to get up early and go ice fishing. First time, the truck didn't start. Second time, there was blowing snow. So he was banished to working on taxes. It's a new experience filing taxes in Canada. Rather confusing with our US income the first half of the year, moving, self-employment, starting a new job, etc. He had our neighbor work with him tonight and I think he's almost done. He's now on night shift 2 of 5 in a row. So I'll see him sometime next week. :( At least we get suppers together. :)





Don't ask me what my job was Tuesday morning. Photojournalism, I guess.

4 comments:

Jen Bontrager said...

Great idea with the pictures. Isaac "gets" to fold socks every Monday when he gets home from school. I dread it, however this Monday he got right to it and didn't complain. I was wondering who took my kid over. We'll see what happens next week.

Dave Gloria said...

Eli, you're a great dishwasher. You look so tall at the sink. Dave

Dave & Gloria said...

I LOVE the picture of Evan tucking his monkey in! You're getting some wonderful pictures! Grandma

Jodi said...

Don't you sometimes think that teaching our kids to do chores is really more of a chore for their parents? Oh well, I know it is still important to start early. I'm glad to see it is not just my kids that have some "fetishes" with stuffed animals being treated properly and with dignity once they are awakened in the morning. (We tuck animals in too.)