Monday, November 19, 2012

The Amazing Lydie!

Warning to you grandmothers:  You will not approve of the following outfit.  It is not pink enough. 

(And when Kendall stopped in over his lunch break, I could tell he didn't "approve" either.  I heard him tell Lydia, "You look like a boy."  Seriously, this man has more opinions on baby clothes than I do!  I secretly love that, by the way.  One night we were getting ready to go to friends' house.  He thought her outfit was silly.  So I decided to amuse myself by changing her into something else he would inwardly roll his eyes at.  It was a brown teddy bear outfit that she inherited from Evan.  She was so cute and looked like her big brother.  It made me laugh at our get-together that people really thought about it that she looked like a boy.  Especially 4-year old Hannah!  She definitely did not approve of my little girl lacking all pink and purple!)

Anyway, I show these photos because our little boy girl is amazing!  Just 10 days ago, she would not have been able to do either of these things as well as she can today!

Sitting supported by a pillow-

And standing with me-
I find it utterly amazing (and scary) how quickly she is changing!  I love it and I really don't like it.

By the way, Mom and Dad, does she look like me in the first picture?  Maybe if she was wearing a pink dress?

3 comments:

Joelle Hochstedler said...

Love it! People still think Marley is a boy sometimes if I don't have her in blatantly girly clothes. It's gotten a lot better than when she was Lydia's age though! I also find Kendall's fashion opinions funny since Hans is the same way! Except I probably care more than he does about what she wears, which leads to some... "disagreements" and "discussions." A-hem.

Jodi said...

YES, she looks like you! She's growing up way too fast. Quit it, already, Lydie! A friend of mine makes bright pink bows for her daughter's hair that has a button that says, "I am a girl". ha! And we need a support group for wives whose husbands care too much about wardrobes. I'll not forget when Duane made me take a pair of shoes back that I had bought for Leah...b/c he didn't like em. Say what?

rod said...

Wow, she's getting so big! Can't wait to see her in about a month!