Friday, November 2, 2012

Chaotic Suppertime

All of the sudden, our little girl is just seeming so much older.  She is really enjoying her toys and reaches for them with both hands.  Everything goes straight to her mouth. She watches us eat and reaches for my coffee cup.  She is still nursing and I just feel so happy and fulfilled when I see her getting positively chubby little legs!  We've just started giving her little tastes of food.  She loves it.  Here she is getting a bit of applesauce and sweet potatoes at supper the other night.
We've had to work to get her to laugh, usually with some tickling involved, but in the past week she has been finding humor in the boys. She's learning that laughing is fun. So often before, she would chuckle if we strongly encouraged it, but she always looked like the chuckle startled her and she wasn't sure if it was a good thing or not.  The other night at bedtime I took her into the boys' room. She took one look at Eli and started cracking up. Then bedtime was greatly delayed as they snorted and sniffed and made all manner of noises and contortions to keep her laughing. The next night I took her into their room and she thought it was funny again. So sometimes now she'll start laughing, though it seems to take her a bit to remember how. We think she's thinking, "Oh yeah, I remember those weird noises I made were fun...Now how did I do it?" So she starts out haltingly and then remembers and takes off again.  Enjoy!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok I just have to post on this one! Evan totally cracks me up on the eating video! I had to watch it several times and howled with laughter each time! What a fun & cute family you have! I was also totally unprepared for the pict. of you and your eye, here you had me believing that it was going to disfigure your pretty face and I could hardly see anything was different! That is awsome, Praise God!

Twila said...

Aww! Wow am I glad we get to see you in Nov.(at least I hope so) as fast as Lydia is changing. love the interaction with the boys, her giggle was so cute. Thanks for posting.
Your face is still beautiful!
Mom H.

Kirst said...

wow these videos have me crackin up and smiling so big. i miss all you guys so much!

LaRonda said...

Oh my, Evan is hilarious. I will have to show this to Kyrell. He will love it.
Are we really going to see you at Thanksgiving? I am so excited!

Jen Bontrager said...

That was hilarious! Now my boys have the giggles right before getting on the bus. :) Your eye looks great, by the way.

Jodi said...

Can you please ask that mad scientist what country he's from? We can't quite figure out that accent. It would appear he is from the deep hollars of Kentucky?