Wednesday, October 20, 2010

October 20!

It's official! We are the owners of a new key. And the house and land that go with it.

And now....For the Grand Unveiling....

Ta-daa!

Did I just hear a collective gasp? Was it in awe of the beautiful new home we've just purchased? Or was it shock?

I've been rather reluctant to post photos. (Except for that one from-a-distance photo I released.) But there's no denying it now. For better or worse, we own this house. I'm wondering if we're crazy, but please don't tell me if we are- I need encouragement, if anything.

Yes, the orange van was included in the purchase price! Isn't that spectacular?! Can't wait to get that thing up and running. And behind where I stand to take the picture is another vehicle. The excavator will soon haul them away to wherever you take junk cars.

Hopefully he'll take this...thing and the random tower behind the house too.
This is where our addition will go. Tomorrow there will be a big hole here. Yea!


And to my shock, when I walked behind the house to get this photo soon after arriving this afternoon, I saw a cat sitting in the window watching me. They were supposed to be gone! Apparently the vet is coming this evening to take care of them. And the poor woman who is the executor of Jake's (the former owner's) will. Kendall said she was in tears this afternoon about the 2 cats. I do feel sorry for her and even for the cats. But I was hoping they would be gone and done with and I wouldn't have to see them.
(Oops, in reading over this, I see that it sounds like the vet is also going to take care of the executor of the will. That's not right- I was just saying I felt sorry for her.)


Here's the inside- from the front of the house. Kitty is watching me.
The living room will eventually be the master bedroom. We'll change the (cat-hairy) carpeting.

And here is a photo from the picture window in the back of the house. Isn't that a cool green light? Jodi, you will be getting a close-up photo of it, so you can start thinking about how I can use it. :) The new kitchen will be in the addition, so this kitchen will be mostly entryway.

So anyway. There it is in all it's glory. The two bedrooms and bathroom aren't nearly as beautiful as the rest of the house, so I'm not bothering to put in pictures. Actually, they're about equal in beauty, just boring. They're off to the right in the last photo.

Hope you enjoyed the official "Before" pictures. As my friend, Jenni, said, "Too bad they can't be scratch 'n sniff!" That's actually lucky for you as a reader, by the way.

I'll try to put photo updates on the blog. Who would have ever thought that Kendall and I would buy a house worthy of 'Flip This House'... Here goes nothin'!

7 comments:

Kirst said...

congratulations karen and kendall! :) so they're digging the "big hole" tomorrow? i hope it goes well!!
love, kirst

amy said...

Location, location, location. It's going to be great...soon!

LaRonda said...

Thanks for the pictures. Now I can picture it. Congrats! You will make it so cute...I am sure of that!

Twila said...

Proud of you Karen for posting:-)I'm with LaRonda, I know the plans and it will be very cute, with an awesome view and peaceful surroundings, see ya soon.
Mom H.

Jodi said...

Okay, I love that green light!? Seriously!! And the cool table settin there? Will that be yours too? Oooo, show me more! It's fliperific.

Jodi said...

One more thing-you sure you don't want to keep that cool orange van? Kendall could totally fix it up for a "play van" for the boys. I always thought that would be cool. I guess the downside is that you have to keep looking at it though? hmm.

ribbit98 said...

Karen, if you're looking for commiseration & encouragement, I can give you both from personal experience! You probably never saw pics of the house we started out with in SL, but let me assure it WAS WORSE than yours and look where we are now! We ran into bedrock too and went with plan B when building this house. It takes HARD WORK and perseverance but you will be very happy with YOUR HOME in the final analysis, I assure you! Hugs, Susan