Thursday, June 24, 2010

School's Out!

I'm so proud of my boys. It feels like it has been a big year for them.

Eli has come so far with reading. Now, if only I could get him to think it was fun enough to pick up and do on his own. He likes books a lot. When I see him looking at one for a long time, I sometimes ask if he's reading it. Usually he says No, he was just looking at the pictures. But every once in awhile I have secretly watched him moving his lips (reading) as he looks. I'm hoping to find more ways to trick him into reading without me pushing it. hee hee hee.


And Evan has just loved Junior Kindergarten. He so often told me after a day of school, "Every day just gets better and better!" He's doing well with his letters and numbers. He's definitely a number guy!

So now we face summer with much excitement and a bit of trepidation. :) Lots of beach days comin' up!

4 comments:

Kirst said...

i'm so proud of them. :)

marilyn bontrager said...

Say Hi to Evan and Eli from Great Aunt Marilyn. I wish I could take them on another bus ride to Ellettsville to visit (mom and dad too)!!

Dave & Gloria said...

Karen, give those little guys a "big squeeze" for me! Mom

Jodi said...

I see someone's been wearing their tie-dye shirt! We are too-in fact, I'm wearing Duane's right now. :) The kids are wearing theirs too, just as soon as they are out of the wash, they are back on them again! Fun memories.