Tuesday, February 23, 2010

An Olympic Dream


Thank you to Rodney and Nathalie Coeller for making this Olympic dream possible.

There is an abundance of enthusiasm in this house lately. (Okay I'm faking it a bit.) But Kendall and the boys are LOVING the Olympics. It is fun to follow.

Kendall and Eli are true Canada fans. I tend to cheer for Canada- I'm here so I may as well. And Evan... Well, for reasons unknown to the rest of us, Evan is a die hard USA fan. It makes us laugh. I'm not sure if he started out just trying to be disagreeable with Eli or what happened. One day I heard them arguing about Canada vs. USA issues and Eli told traitorous Evan to "get out of Canada!"

Let me pause a moment and ask him. Ohhh. It is clear now. I just asked him why and he said, "Cause it has stars. And I like stars." He also added that if the US isn't playing, he cheers for Canada.

So, our family is divided, but tonight we're all wearing our Canada jerseys. And that's why I am thanking the Coellers. They bought all of us jerseys for Christmas in hopes of a moment just like tonight.

7 comments:

Twila said...

I love that picture, What more can I say.

Jen Bontrager said...

Love it! Love it! Love it! Go Canada! Evan and Eli are so hilarious!

LaRonda said...

That is so awesome!! Love the picture. Your boys are so funny!

Anonymous said...

Go USA! so sorry to see you all in Canadian jerseys. -so sad.

amy said...

You guys look awesome! Go Canada!

Nathalie said...

Great photo! Glad to see you guys enjoying the Olympics and Canada's big win over Russia means more fun to come!

Matt said...

I'm pretty late to the party, but great picture!