Wednesday, April 8, 2009

snow.

This afternoon was another warm one, although not as sunny. Eli’s greeting was one of disbelief when I picked him up at school: “Why are you wearing a sweatshirt?!”

However, as I sat down for supper with the boys something outside the window caught my eye. Nooo!!! Snow! And since I started talking angrily about how I was going to punch every single snowflake in the noggin (now we know where my boys get their violent tendencies), I suppose the ensuing conversation is my fault. Good thing Kendall was at work- he would have just been shaking his head at us.

We ranted and raved against the snow for awhile, telling it to go back up to the clouds. I proposed that we take a heater outside to melt all the snow. Eli pointed out the preposterousness of this idea- there is no electricity outside, after all.

Then Evan said, “We could melt ourselves! Then go to the clouds. Then go to Indiana faster!”

Eli had an even better idea: “Or we could go to Mexico and get some really hot sand to throw at the snow!”

The conversation continued to deteriorate as evidenced by the following:

Eli (to the snow): Don’t make me fart on you every day when I need to fart!

Evan (also to the snow): Don’t make me poop on you every day when I need to poop and pee on you! Ha ha ha! (low and menacing)

Eli: Pee would make yellow ice. That would be creative!

Eli would like me to add that he also wanted to throw hot water on the snow. (Not to burst any little bubbles, but I do believe that was my idea first.) Evan adds that we could have a fire every day to burn the snow every day.

Ah yes, the possibilities are endless.

P.S. I will apologize in advance for centering every entry on the weather. It’s sort of an obsession right now. Supposedly this too shall pass.

4 comments:

Twila said...

What can I say? that to will pass and soon we'll be hearing all the fun your having on the beautiful blue lake!! hope to see ya in Aug.
love ya,
nana

Carolyn said...

Is Evan a budding scientist? (evaporation- cloud formation??)
Carolyn

Kirst said...

this conversation is hilarious!

Kirst said...

p.s. i think my roommate thinks i'm crazy b/c i can't stop laughing as i sit and read from a computer screen. :)