Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Small Patches of Hope

I would just like to announce that according to weather.com, the current temperature is 43! I don't normally check Goshen's weather (doesn't seem healthy for my psyche), but I did check just now and we are 3 degrees warmer! We've still got mounds of snow to get through, but the sun is on our side. Today we went for a long walk downtown. It was so warm. The boys had fun splashing in the puddles. And judging by all the snow we have, I think we will have puddles for a long, long time.

Eli is tired of winter. He often talks about it and says that he wishes it was summer. So we rejoice in the little things that show winter will someday end.

Today we were outside and Evan said, "Mom! Look!" I looked to see what was so exciting. He was pointing to the grass that was now visible. It surprised me that even he noticed the difference. How many months has it been since we saw the grass? It's lovely! To celebrate, Evan posed for a photo in his own little patch of hope.


Our roof still has a heavy layer of snow. The sun is chipping away at it every day, so we always have lots of drips and icicles to walk through on our way out the door. This afternoon on his way in the house Evan paused for a refreshing drink.

2 comments:

Hans said...

When I read your opening words, "I would just like to announce..." I thought, "number threeeeeee!?!?!" but no. Disappointing.

- Joelle



p.s. I love reading this funny thing. Brightens my day!

Jen Bontrager said...

Ohhh, number three would have been a great announcement- but a patch of grass is something to be celebrated too!