Thursday, February 21, 2013

Frustrated

I have a frustrated, grouchy girl at home today. 

Maybe it's because she forgot how to crawl since last night.  It's like she knows there's more out there, but she just can't get there. 

She got very excited her when I carried her close to the front door.  Then, mad when I walked away.  So I helped her look out the front window by the door.  She was very excited because whenever I do that, the boys magically appear out there.  Unfortunately, they didn't appear this time.

She was mad when I was playing piano without her.  She was mad when she was sitting listening to music instead of dancing with me.  She was mad when I carried her to the "naptime dungeon" (a.k.a. her bedroom).  She was mad when I didn't let her stand in her highchair at lunch.

Poor girl.  She's on the brink of mastering a new skill, but doesn't quite have it.  That's frustrating.

I, for one, was not so frustrated that she forgot how to crawl this morning.  It's one more day that the boys can leave their castle set up on the living room floor.  It's one more day I can have my plants setting out.  It's one more day I don't have to look under the couches.  (I'm not saying that I have the same habit I had 25 years ago of shoving my belongings under the bed.  But I don't go looking for dirt.  If it hides itself under the couch, it can't expect me to rescue it.) 

Oh well.  Lydia will soon remember how to get around and become an expert.  This can only be put off for so long...

1 comment:

Nathalie said...

Wow, it's amazing what a motivator Cheerios can be!