Tuesday, February 19, 2013

This was Little Missy just a few weeks ago:
She was so happy with herself for being able to pull up onto her knees from a sitting position.  Well, not too long after this photo was taken, we discovered that she could pull herself to a standing position when we turned around to see her standing in her high chair.

She's not crawling yet, but she's at that stage where I know she could all of the sudden start crawling and be a pro within a matter of days.  Uh-oh.  Then life will change.  It's so easy when I can sit her on the floor and know that she'll be fine as long as there are no little pieces within a 4-foot or so area.  And the railing across our drop-off is still not up.   It's still being worked on, hopefully we'll get that soon.

Lydia always wants to stand.  No sitting still for that girl.  I had her on my own in church on Sunday and she was exhausting!  Of course it didn't help that the boys were dissolving into giggles over an "opera" voice they heard during singing.  It made me smile, though, because I remember many delicious giggles shared during inopportune moments.  (Including one time at a funeral.  I was an adult.  Who should have known better.  But I was nervous and sad and uncomfortable.  And I was with one of you.  Ahem.  Lanae.) 

Anyway, back to Lydia.  She is a Wiggle Worm.  Life will soon be very interesting with a crawler.  This Mama has some baby-proofing to do.

No comments: