Sunday, November 29, 2009

Craft Show

So, the craft show... I actually did have a lot of fun, but it wasn't as profitable as I was hoping. (I don't think it would do me much good to figure out how much I made per hour.) I didn't do a good job of keeping records, but I think that, after taking out my expenses, I made somewhere around $150.

I just had no idea what would sell. I wasn't confident about the aprons, but those were my biggest seller. I was confident about the evergreen arrangements, but people just were not interested. So 2 days of work didn't amount to much. Money wasn't a problem there, since most of the materials were free from the bush.

I really think things could have been different with the Christmas arrangements if there was snow on the ground. Everyone is amazed, but there is no real snow to speak of. Last year around this time, I remember a huge mountain of snow by a nearby parking lot from all the plowing. But the weather has been extremely strange this year and we have no snow. So I think people just aren't in the Christmas mood yet. I ended up selling 8 of the 16 arrangements I made, but I really think some of those purchases were based on pity. :) The other 8 I had fun giving away, so it's not all a waste.

I did have a lot of fun being at the show. It was fun to see so many people and get to know some people I recognized from around town, but didn't really know. And now I have an idea of what people buy for future reference. Chalk it up to good experience!

2 comments:

Twila said...

Well when you didn't want to post Sat. I was really feeling bad for you, but it sounds like you did ok. the most being you had fun. Did Sue's donuts all go?pretty dumb question eh? thanks for sharing your weekend .
Mom H.

LaRonda said...

I was so sad for you after not wanting to tell us about it, but I am glad it wasn't horrible and you still made some money and most of all you had fun. That is so strange that you don't have any snow.