Thursday, January 17, 2013

Cold

Here is the email I received this morning:

Please be advised that the school buses in the Red Lake and Ear Falls area have been cancelled today due to extreme cold. Our reports were indicating -39. As the sun rises, this temperature will continue to drop before it starts to rise again. This is Hutchison Bus Lines and for the Red Lake/Ear Falls area only. Travel safe.

Of course, I didn't check my email until after the boys were bundled up and outside waiting on the bus.  Normally, when they head out to the bus, they run around and play until the bus pulls up.  I should have known it was cold when they stood frozen 10 feet from the door and simply stared at Lydia and I standing inside watching them.  (It would probably be wishful thinking to hope that they were frozen with regret for their horrible behavior over breakfast.)  When the bus was late, I started wondering.  Cancelling buses is what is done here rather than cancelling school.  On those days, school becomes optional. 

We had had a very rough morning.  If I would have checked email before Kendall left for work, I would have sent the boys with him to be dropped off at school.  However, now we're here and I really don't relish the thought of taking Lydia out in this extreme cold.  And maybe we all need a second chance at enjoying life after the horrible morning...

So this is where all 3 kids ended up this morning:
 
Almost an hour later and Eli and Evan are still there.  I hear the shower running and lots of happy playing.  It sound like they are very busy averting some kind of world crisis. 


2 comments:

Jodi said...

CUTE! All swim...everybody swim. (a shout out to Eby Pines Roller Skating- remember?)

Dave Gloria said...

Rub-a-dub-dub...3 kids in a tub... Grandma