Thursday, January 17, 2013

A Cold Date

Yesterday it was very cold. But we were undeterred. After all, Kendall was free in the afternoon.  So we booked a babysitter and headed out with snowshoes.
We built a fire and roasted marshmallows.  (Well, as close as you can come to roasting marshmallows when the air is way, way below freezing.)
This well-insulated bushman broke the trail. There were lots of trees across the trail from an early snowstorm that pulled trees down. But the snow was so deep, we could walk right over many of them. I was surprised how well we were able to maneuver on the snowshoes. Kendall had a trouble a few times, (things like falling down and floundering with the deep snow and huge snowshoes), but I cheered him on, the faithful wife that I am. (Okay, maybe I laughed hysterically- I don't really remember.)
See how cold it was?!  My breath froze to my hair! 
 
Anyway, lots of fun.  A very good date on a beautiful day.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

That last picture of you is so beautiful. I like that your hair looks a little like mine- graying. ha. Anyways, that looks like a very burromantic date!

Kirst said...

thats crazy that the ends of your hair were frozen!! dedicated northerners! :)