Sunday, August 26, 2012

This kid may have some sleep issues.  He is one sleepy dude.  It is not uncommon for us to find him in strange sleeping positions.  And when we sleep in the same room as him, we hear him say lots of interesting things.  But tonight tops it all...

The boys are in bed.  Kendall and I are sitting in the living room.  A bit ago, we heard a faint crying sound.  (I thought it was a wolf and I was freaked out.)  I went and stood outside Eli and Evan's bedroom door and I could hear someone sniffling.  I was surprised that one was still awake because they were super-tired tonight.  Kendall and I went into the bedroom just as Evan was crawling back into bed.  "What are you doing?" I asked.  In a rather forlorn voice, Evan replied, "I don't know."  I asked him if he had to go to the bathroom.  He refused to get up and go.  I asked him again if he needed to go pee.  He said no.  He wanted me to cover him up. 

Uh oh.  Something was not quite right.  Kendall got a flashlight.  I peered into the corner by his bed.  Nothing.  I ran my hand across the carpet.  Wet!  Aghh!  It would seem that in his sleepy stupor, Evan was confused as to which room he was in.  No wonder he didn't need to go pee.  Anymore.

(P.S.  I love that Evan is sleeping under his handmade poster.  It reads: "You are my hiding place.  You protect me from trouble.  You surround me with songs of victory.  Psalm 32:7")

3 comments:

Kirst said...

That is hilarious!! and i love his poster :)

Twila said...

This might be the grandson that follows papa's sleep talks. I too love his poster.
nana

Jodi said...

It seems to me that Evan and Jace need to have a little convo about "appropriate places to pee"... Happy cleaning. :)