Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Lydia Meets Her Big Brothers

Kendall and I could hardly wait for this Team of Three to finally meet.  And the Big Brothers were so excited to finally meet their Little Sister.

Here Eli and Evan are seeing Lydia for the first time.








So after examining their Little Sister closely, Evan finally asked, "So, how do you know she's a girl?"
Alright, let the lessons begin:

After bathtime, Lydia was ready to eat.  So we got all the personal issues out of the way the first night and the boys got a little glimpse of how Lydia eats.  Kendall and I had decided that it would be much better to just normalize nursing rather than having the boys trying to sneak glances for the next months or me always trying to hide.  So I guess they got quite the education that night!

1 comment:

Renita said...

Oh Karen. Wow. Just had a quick sec to read up on the whole story. You are a brave woman. I can't imagine giving birth at 36 years old. Plus with all the "extras" you get for living in the boonies. Geez. I love to see the boys hovering all around that precious little girl. She'll be a tough cookie with them helping to raise her! Blessings to you from the Detwiler's