Thursday, June 21, 2012

Attention Grandpa: The Challenge is On!

Evan's hair has been quite long.  One day, I thought I would get to cut it.  Evan got a comb hopelessly tangled in his hair.  Fortunately/unfortunately, we were able to clip just a small amount of hair to get the comb out and it wasn't noticeable.  Here I thought I was finally taking the 'Before picture' and would get to cut it:

He agreed that after school was out, he would get a hair cut. Of course, since he was giving up his beloved long hair, he decided he wanted it shaved. Bald. I said No. I couldn't help it.  Grandma and Grandpa Miller heard about his wishes.  They called Evan as Grandpa was sitting down for a haircut in Indiana.  They said Grandpa would get whatever haircut Evan got.  They thought they were joking.  Well Grandpa, You have 4 options.  We decided that you can choose any 1 of the following:

#1 The Mullet Side-Sweep

#2  The Relaxed Mohawk 
(No, those are not tiny lobster.  Yes, they are crawdads that the boys caught and boiled.  Yes, we did eat them- dipped in melted butter, of course.  Yes, our eating habits tonight totally fit Evan's haircut in this photo.)

#3  The Blond 'Hawk  (The pose is vital to the whole look.)

#4  The Grassy Mohawk


Here is the front view of this work of art.  One side is blue and one side is green.  What an adorable child.
Okay, Dad, the choice is yours!  We'll wait for your pictures!

4 comments:

Dave Gloria said...

Oh man. It might take me a year or so to figure it out and by then I'll be bald. Right now I think the Mullet Side Sweep is the coolest. Evan, did you end up keeping the green/blue fence?

Kirst said...

i think i'll vote for "The Mullet Side-Sweep" for Dad. :) so which one did he end up wearing to school?

Jen Bontrager said...

My kids like the grassy mohawk. Jesse wants me to do that to him.

Renita said...

Laish has had a mohawk for a year now. It's so annoying but cute =) He puts his gel in every morning so as long as he does it, I'm cool with it. It's when he starts freaking out bc it's not standing up perfectly that I get ready to shave the thing.