Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Saturday

This is part of what I spent my Saturday doing:
What you can't see is the teeth marks leftover from one of our baby boys chewing on his cage in an effort to escape.  What you can see is the lavender.  Both Kendall and I were struck by how girly our baby boys' bedding was. :)

The week or so before had held more than its share of anxiety/freaking out/overwhelmtion.  One lucky friend got a huge, long email detailing those lovely feelings.  The idea of setting up the nursery was one she gave me.  It really was therapeutic. 

It may be a bit early for a nursery (my due date is 5 1/2 weeks away), but it was helpful.  Also, the "music room," as we've called it, has primarily been used for storage and to hold the keyboard for the boys to practice their music lessons.  So I knew I needed to bring baby stuff upstairs and take the things in storage down to the basement.  Kendall and I are going to Winnipeg for a couple nights next week.  I wanted to go through all my baby stuff and see what I have and what I need.  Then I'll do some major shopping in the city.

I also made 2 packing lists this week- One for delivering in Red Lake and one for an emergency airlift to Winnipeg.  Delivering here is just so different than delivering in Goshen.  Lots of people go to a bigger center to deliver their babies.  There is no surgery, no epidural, no neo-natal unit, no obstetrician, no pediatrician in Red Lake.  So many women just feel safer waiting for their baby to come in a big city.  In fact, if you are at all high-risk, you are told by medical staff to go out of town and wait for baby.  Lots of people living in Red Lake have family in bigger cities.  So they go stay with them.  As we thought through our options, I realized that I felt more anxiety thinking about what to do with Eli and Evan while we would go out of town to deliver.  (Even though this whole epidural thing makes me so curious- I gotta try it sometime.)  And Kendall's job- I would hate to wait in the city by myself and then count on a long enough labor for him to get to me and be there for the delivery.  So, at this point, we are planning on staying in Red Lake.  And I can relax a bit more if I know that I at least have a couple packing lists going.  Just in case there is an emergency, all of that has already been thought through.

It's just craziness that Twila Fern is coming so soon!  I'm having dreams involving our baby almost every night now.  It's exhausting, but exciting.  I'm always disappointed when I wake up and the baby is still waiting to come out.  The most recent dream involved twins!  (Eli is still hoping that the ultrasound tech just missed baby #2.)  It was a happy dream.  Kendall held one baby and I held another.  Of course we knew that at least one was a girl, but I suggested we check to make sure.  Well, lo and behold, turns out they were both boys.  I laughed and laughed.  And cried too.  4 boys!  Can you imagine! :)

2 comments:

Twila said...

Nice to see a new post! thanks, The nursery looks nice and ready, praying for a safe arrival of Twila Fern in RL will be a lot less stressful.
getting excited to meet her too.
Nana and Papa

Jenni said...

When I saw the picture, I remembered standing in that room and praying for a baby to occupy it. Thank You, Jesus! :-)