Saturday, January 14, 2012

Gigi: An Pivotal Biblical Character

The other night at bedtime I read to Evan from a devotional book for little boys.  At first when he started hearing the familiar Bible story, Evan protested, saying he already knew that one.  I told him that I've read the whole Bible and I still read things again. 
A few paragraphs into what I was reading, the book said, "Have you heard of Gigi, God's little princess?"  Now, I was completely baffled as to who Gigi was and why she was being mentioned in this book.  As soon as the sentence came out of my mouth, I paused and said, "Huh?"

Evan caught on to that confusion and quickly jumped in:  "Aha!  So you didn't read the whole Bible!"

I guess maybe I haven't because somehow in its pages I missed Gigi, God's little princess.  Or else she isn't in the Bible at all, but I had a hard time convincing Evan of that.

2 comments:

Kirst said...

ha ha, that's a great story. if it was the devotional book that i gave him, i'm sorry for any confusion i've caused :)

Wendy Yutzy said...

too funny!