Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Sunday afternoon we explored the land around "our" new property. There's lots of bush around the house.

The property we are buying is 1.9 acres, but we have so much bush around us that will, in a way, be ours. There are no close neighbors and the area around the house is pretty-well untouched. So, even though we won't own all the area around us, we will feel free to explore. It was exciting to explore and think that the beautiful land will be our area to hang out in!

This shot is taken beside the house, looking out the back.



Here we found our way around the marsh behind the house to a rock point. You can't see it, but the house is up behind the trees on the left side of the photo.

Yes, Evan has his sweatshirt on backwards. He just didn't care.

3 comments:

Twila said...

Awesome guys!! the leaves and water is so beautiful, that neat that you found the rock, makes me think of the rock out behind our place, but yours has water!!! I like the idea of waiting to show the house till its finished he,he, I hope it won't take as long as you think, see ya sometime this fall!!
Mom H.

Dave & Gloria said...

Thanks for the update, Karen... can't believe your trees are yellow already... and yeah, I love the matching yellow sweatshirt, worn in style... backwards!

Nathalie said...

What a phenomenally beautiful setting! I'm a wee bit jealous (if you wanted to make me feel better, send pics again when it's cold and snowy and I'll relish my more southern climate).