Monday, June 22, 2009

The bugs are back



Yes, they're back. And they're after me. I took this photo after I was working in the garden. My forehead was itchy, so I rubbed it with my sleeve and noticed a blood smear on my sleeve. We know how much head wounds bleed, so you can imagine the troubles I had with this one. :) What you can't see from the picture, is that it was all swollen too. Okay, I don't think I'm getting as much sympathy as I was hoping for. Let me just remind you that black flies take a bite out of you and that's why you bleed!

Anyway, I decided to try the new, cool Facebook-style photo where you only see a small portion of my face. It didn't quite have the effect I was looking for, probably due to several factors: I just came in from the garden, my hair is all botchy, I have no make-up on, and I'm just a bit too old to do a Facebook photo like that. Oh yeah, and I have a bloody mosquito bite on my forehead.

2 comments:

Jen Bontrager said...

You're still cute. :)

Twila said...

Glad its warm enough for them to show up? Glad the boys have fun with the lyndeckers.enjoy your garden. Its so blitzing hot here today you wouldn't want to be here:(
Mom H.